The Asia SiVon Cottom Memorial Scholarship Fund (ASC) was founded to honor the life of Asia SiVon Cottom. The fund’s overall mission is to recognize and assist college students by providing financial assistance through scholarship awards to supplement financial obligations for tuition and educational fees. Scholarship awards will be made to deserving students who have excelled academically and are pursuing undergraduate, graduate and post graduate degrees in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
In Spring of each year, the ASC accepts applications from High School seniors and college students who expect to further their education at a college or university.
The Scholarship Award
- The intent of this award is to enable students to attend college without accumulating burdensome debt.
- In most cases, the Asia SiVon Cottom Scholarship award ranges from $500 to $2,000 yearly. The award amount and the number of scholarships are determined annually by the ASC Scholarship Committee and is based solely on the availability of funds and the number of qualified students.
- The scholarship awards are applied directly to the student’s tuition account for the fall semester of their school year.
- The award is renewable for up to four undergraduate years provided a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is maintained. Awards are NOT automatically renewed. You must re-apply each year.
- High school seniors entering college and returning college students attending accredited U.S. colleges or universities are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Awards are used for undergraduate or graduate studies.
- Award amounts may change from year to year.
Learn the who, the what, and when it takes to carry on the Asia Cottom Legacy as a ASC Scholar, from the application process to applying.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
How do I Apply?
Where Do I Send My Application?